The Streetrich Hip Hop Society and DJ Freshleecut have decided to give away 3 tickets to our next workshop coming up on Monday April 30th. Enter below!
The Streetrich Hip Hop Society is proud to present our new DJ workshop series geared towards beginner DJs, breakers, MCs, producers and music fans in general. Each 3-hour session will consist of 1.5-hour presentation of a History, Tech, Skill and Mindset topic followed by an open discussion and opportunity for participants can get hands on with the gear.
Facilitated by DJ Freshleecut these sessions are perfect for people just getting interested in DJing or who are considering private lessons through Streetrich. The series will also be of interest to music enthusiasts, breakers, artists and MCs who’d like to broaden their understanding of the relationship between all the Hip Hop elements.
The last Monday of every month
$7 - register online at www.streetrich.ca
SESSION 2 - April 30th 2018
DUSTY FINGERS: this session will be an overview of the core aspects of music collecting, playlisting, streaming, digging, sampling and production
- History: how DJing grew into sample culture and production
- Tech: where to find quality music online including DJ edits, instrumentals, acapellas, mashups
- Skills: advanced playlisting in Spotify, iTunes, Serato, Traktor, etc.
- Mindset: why having a personally curated music collection is essential for any DJ
NEXT SESSION - May 28th 2018
THIS STUFF IS REALLY FRESH: this session will be a discussion and demonstration of the essential scratch techniques, turntablism and controllerism.
- History: a brief overview from the first scratch to modern controllerism
- Tech: crossfader adjustments, pads, FXs, loops
- Skills: baby scratch, cutting, “cue juggling”
- Mindset: when and how to tastefully use these techniques